Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Los Dos in the news


The intent of this blog is to focus on my time here in Paris. However, I'll also post the occasional story on Laredo.

First of all, I'm not a fan of Glenn Beck, and that's putting it mildly. He's the leading sensationalist on CNN.
I will endorse him, however, for his coverage of what his happening in my hometown of Laredo. Here's an interesting excerpt of an exchange between our Representative Henry Cuellar and our Sheriff on his show. This was a shock to me for a few reasons: Henry Cuellar has a history of representing the district with a really high level of credibility nationally. Also, this is the first instance of a local official bringing national attention to the problems in Laredo. Laredoan politicans often accept news on the troubles in Laredo as a criticism of the city and its people, and react very defensively. For example, our mayor, Raul Salinas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ-UUIRHTQM&feature=related


2 comments:

BillyJack said...

It reminds me of the Laredo day when I was drinking with the Sheriff and Henry Cuellar. Im glad CNN is bringing some national attention because I miss the old Laredo from Fr year of college

Federico Cavazos said...

Tell me about it. I can't take people to Nuevo Laredo anymore!