Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Eros/Mitterand Library
































I'm a really big fan of the National Library by Perrault (officially the Frances Mitterand Library). This is something I visited last time I came to Paris, but was really happy to see again. The teak shutters are really elegant, as is the sunken courtyard with the massive teak (?) trees. We were lucky to hit this as the sun was setting so we had some nice light - and the giant eros X turned on as we watched!

The birds came out of the courtyard as the sun was setting. It was beautiful. There were two densities of birds: the sparrows and the cackles (not sure really, but something like them). I joked about how funny it would be to see all of them pooping in unison. Then I got hit right on my left index finger and left shoulder. I thought it was raining! Check out lowercaseh soon, as I expect Heather to post the video and picture soon.

I have one big complaint about this place though: you have to pay to enter! Five bucks for one day! Also the courtyards are completely inaccessible.

No comments: